PaWARN: A proven emergency response system that works!
During emergencies, PaWARN has connected water and wastewater systems with other systems to provide mutual aid assistance during times of natural or human caused disasters. PaWARN responds during times of:
“We experienced a real emergency that prompted the use of the PaWARN system to assist us. The system worked exactly as designed and we were able to avert disaster.”
--Schuylkill County Municipal Authority
“I would like to thank PaWARN for your timely response and assistance during our sink hole event in the City of Harrisburg. We have seen firsthand how valuable a network system like PaWARN can be.”
--City of Harrisburg, Bureau of Water
“During the hurricane, we lost power to our main office and seven small water and wastewater systems. PaWARN’s assistance of providing us with generators allowed us to bring everyone back to work at the main office and use the other generators to provide power to our smaller systems as well. We are honored to be allied with a great organization like yours that we can lean on during a time of need.”
--Lehigh County Authority
PaWARN Member Benefits
Membership in PaWARN is open to all public and private water and wastewater systems operating within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. To apply for membership, download, print, then fill out the PaWARN Emergency Contact Form below and fax it to 717-774-0288 or email it to email@example.com. Once the information on this form has been verified, an Authorized Official of the applying water/wastewater system must sign the Mutual Aid Agreement to become a PaWARN member. You can print out the Matual Aid Agreement below.
What can PaWARN do for you?
In order to be eligible for federal grants and reimbursements before, during and after an emergency, all community water/wastewater systems are to:
• Adopt the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
• Support the development of interstate mutual aid programs.
• Integrate response at the field, local and state levels of government.
The PaWARN program will help facilitate meeting these requirements.
How PaWARN Serves You
• Increased planning and coordination.
• Enhances access to specialized resources.
• A single agreement provides access to all member utilities statewide.
• Expedites arrival of aid.
• It is consistent with the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
• Provides a current list of emergency contacts and phone numbers.
• Reduces administrative conflict.
• Avoids federal bureaucracy.
• Increases hope within our communities that recovery will come quickly.
Mutual Aid Agreement
By signing the PaWARN Mutual Aid Agreement, you will aid in greatly expediting the arrival of help during an emergency. Join water and wastewater systems from all over Pennsylvania who will be available to lend assistance.
Click here to download the Amended Mutual Aid Agreement.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader is required to view the document.
You can download it here.
Download the Mutual Aid Agreement. Then print, sign, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, mail the signed form to:
212 Whitetail Terrace
Marysville, PA 17053