Membership in PaWARN is open to all public and private water and wastewater systems
operating within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. To apply for membership, download,
print, then fill out the PaWARN Membership Form below and fax it to 717-774-0288.
Once the information on this form has been verified, an Authorized Official of the
applying water/wastewater system must sign the Mutual Aid Agreement to become a
to to download and view the PaWARN Membership Form.
to download and view the Mutual Aid Agreement.
What can PaWARN do for you?
In order to be eligible for federal grants and reimbursements before, during and
after an emergency, all community water/wastewater systems are to:
- Adopt the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Support the development of interstate mutual aid programs.
- Integrate response at the field, local and state levels of government.
The PaWARN program will help facilitate meeting these requirements.
Why is there a need for PaWARN?
- Increased planning and coordination.
- Enhances access to specialized resources.
- A single agreement provides access to all member utilities statewide.
- Expedites arrival of aid.
- It is consistent with the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
- Provides a current list of emergency contacts and phone numbers.
- Reduces administrative conflict.
- Avoids federal bureaucracy.
- Increases hope within our communities that recovery will come quickly.