PaWARN has provided assistance to utilities in need by:
• Loaning generators
• Delivering water buffaloes and tanker trucks
• Providing pumps for both water and wastewater
• Providing camera trucks for pipe inspections
• Arranging valve-turning trucks to assist in main repairs
• Supplying odd-sized clamps and couplings for pipe repairs
• And much, much more
Now, more than ever, PaWARN is making a difference in water and wastewater preparedness and security. Emergencies can happen at any time. Even during "non-event" times, it is critical to maintain readiness and promote emergency preparedness. Join PaWARN and become part of a network of your fellow water and wastewater professionals dedicated to keeping our communities healthy, sanitary and safe.
Participation & Agreement
PaWARN is available to all public and private water and wastewater utilities in Pennsylvania. PaWARN provides water and wastewater utilities with:
• An organized process for sharing emergency resources among water and wastewater systems statewide.
• A network of Pennsylvania water and wastewater systems dedicated to assisting each other during emergencies. Quick access to resources allows systems to respond and recover more quickly from disasters.
• A forum for developing and maintaining emergency contacts and relationships.
• A state of the art website that connects members electronically during emergencies.
Mission of PaWARN
The mission of the PaWARN network is to support and promote statewide emergency preparedness, disaster response and mutual aid assistance for public and private water and wastewater utilities for natural and human caused events in the Commonwealth.